- To pay a special attention towards upgrading the skills of
student teachers so that they can fully play their roles in the
ultimate renewal of educational practice.
- To empower student teachers to discharge their duties and
functions in such a way as to provide significant inputs in
- To prepare teacher for developing finer skills of research
methodology and skills to build connectivity between institution
- To build the capabilities and competencies of the student
teachers so that they can stimulate intellectual curiosity of
student and make themselves as a friend, philosopher and guide
of the student.
- To make student teachers aware about changing perceptions
regarding his roles and responsibilities as a teacher.
- To foster skills and attitude for involving the community as an
educational partner and use community resources in education.
- To enable students to understand the core concepts, tools of
inquiry and structures of the disciplines of Education in
general and teacher education in particular.
- To provide opportunities to student teachers that will enable
learning experiences to make subject matter meaningful.
- To make the student teachers understand student learning styles
and create learning opportunities that will benefit diverse
learners and learning contexts.
- To develop the capacity among student teachers to use knowledge
of effective verbal, non-verbal and information communication
techniques to foster active enquiry, collaboration and
supportive interaction in the classroom.
- To enable the student teachers to understand and use of formal
and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the
continuous intellectual social, emotional and physical
development of the learners.